Mittwoch, Februar 14

Journey home

Back from Chi town...

I could describe it all in one word: Bittersweet.

I am so glad I got away for awhile, and into a world that is completely not my own. It was good, and eye opening. I forgot how much I love living in cities, and I doubt it is something I will want to be doing when I am older, so I feel as if I should be taking advantage of that time now. Highlights from this trip include:

Seeing Josh and being able to hang out as our 8-years-later-grown-up versions of ourselves.
A city that doesn't shut down at 11pm.
I am so used to having nothing but microbrew selections here, I have never ever drank so much Miller in my whole life. And it was good, and it makes you dance a lot.
Beer that is better than Miller.
Going to Hangge-uppes to dance. I am guessing on that spelling.
Playing darts, pool and table shuffleboard.
Ransom. There are no words to describe this kid, except maybe toxiuricity. And managing to pour a whole beer on ourselves while dancing. Soberly, nonetheless.
Museums, Zoos, and Aquariums.
The Kings beating the Bulls. Norcal represent.
Beautiful Lake Michigan.
More games of "Music Scene It!" Then you can handle.
The Shins! It was a really fantastic show.
Not needing a car, and being able to walk or take a train or taxi everywhere.
Snow. lots and lots of snow.
Food. lots and lots of good food. Particularly the Steak Vesuvio at the argentinian steakhouse.
Good, honest conversation with a friend you know you'll be connected to forever.

Life is funny that way.
But I gotta say it... leaving 2 degree snowy Chicago was okay. Nothing beats flip flops and the California sunshine!

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger noah! said...

thats cool, but why was it bittersweet?

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home