Dienstag, Januar 11

Weddings, Candy and Celebrations

Sara and Jon had the most beautiful wedding.... and the best part was spending so many days and so much time with friends who haven't been together in so long. We all got to play a part. We were all so close in college, and have all moved so far apart. Its painful, not being near the ones who know you better than you know yourself. In preparation for this wedding, we long ago stopped calling it "the wedding" and instead started calling it "the reunion". It almost seemed more appropriate.
Have you ever looked at something in the same way for so long that you stopped looking at it? It just becomes a fixture, something permanent and unnoticeable. Like a piece of artwork that you've been staring at for so long, that you don't even notice it anymore because you don't have to look at it to study it. And then suddenly, you look at it one day and it is completely different from what you remember..... all of the shapes and colors have changed, and it is like you are seeing it for the very first time, in a brand new light.
I feel like a kid in a candy store, and anything I could possibly want is mine if I so wish. Yet I know that if I have even one piece of candy, I could end up with a cavity. So I will probably end up sacrificing the candy to prevent my teeth from rotting and falling out. I could do without the candy, I can't do without my teeth.
I'm at Noah's apartment waiting for him to get out of a meeting so we can go celebrate. Happy 22nd Birthday little brother.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger nina said...

little brotherS. and graham.... of course happy birthday to graham. but he doesn't have a blog so its not like he's going to read this....

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger David Nishizaki said...

So remember how I was telling you about the girl who was going to come visit me... key word WAS...Yup, she's not anymore. That's two times now. She says she's coming next week but I'm having a little bit of a harder time believing this time.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home