Freitag, Dezember 31

Tsunami Aid Relief

I think at the latest count, 100,000 people are still missing and or dead, and hundreds of thousands (if not millions) are left homeless. This is such unfathomable devestation... over a dozen countries affected is so tremendous. I know that (almost) everyone I know on blogger drinks coffee. So, I am going to make a request. If you buy beans this week, please swing by Starbucks and pick up a pound of Sumatra. 2 bucks goes directly to help aid the victims on the island of sumatra.... the same people who grew and harvested the coffee you buy. Its nothing outside of your normal routine, it helps lives, and its good coffee. I have been looking into really reputable relief agencies too, and the ones I have found are Doctors without Borders, Mercy Corps, and the Salvation Army. And I am sure that wherever you are at there is a local chapter of some organization collecting donations to help. I know it sounds like I just made a pitch for Starbucks (believe me that is NOT my intent) I am just looking for simple ways that we can help others who have been devestated half a world away. Have a fantastic new years everyone, i am going to bed at 10 so i can be at work at 5.
cheers.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger d. vanheule said...

nina! you would have been so proud of me tonight! i had my first close as shift and it went beautifully. i think it was one of the better closes this store has seen in a while too. there were no hitches and someone even called in sick! so i think i might start rmt soon!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger nina said...

yay derek! i AM proud of you! Hey, call me okay? I want to see you when i come down.. maybe i can even swing by your store and you can make me a latte. wow.... we will be in rmt at the same time! we can compare notes. oh yeah... use your markout to get sumatra because 2 bucks is still donated. cheers friend.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home