Dienstag, Dezember 9

Countdown continues!

Today we find out if Kenny comes home on leave early. One of his cadres told him yesterday that instead of sending everybody to their AIT schools for a week, they will probably just send everybody on leave this Friday. Which means he would be home a week early. Which means party time.

When I started dating Kenny, I had a revelation. In dating somebody in the military, I realized I knew absolutely nothing about the military. Nothing. So in order to educate myself on what this lifestyle meant and what he was doing each day, I became completely addicted to goarmy.com.

Now I am an expert. To the point where we will be having a conversation and I will correct him. Sample:

(Kenny): I think my BAH allowance starts once I graduate from AIT school.

(Me): No it can start immeadiately, but since you don't have dependants, your rate will be different as an E-3.

Kenny's parents have also been amazing in helping me understand "military life". They are just amazing in general. We went out for Mexican food and ice cream the other night in downtown sac and it was seriously such a fun night out!

I appreciate the fact that I am with somebody who truly values me for me. Last night I asked my republican soldier boyfriend "Did you ever think you would be dating a democrat who voted for Obama?" and he said "That is something I completely respect and appreciate about you."

It is so good to be able to be yourself.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger amy coverdale said...

awe... so cute. i hope i hope that Kenny gets to come home early! :) *yea* for you!

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home