Freitag, September 16

rediscovering old music/ memories.

my roommate and i went through our cds and are now listening to all of the songs we used to love 4 years ago. her memories take her back to living in chico and being twenty and learning so much about herself in that year. my memories take me back to junior year of college and being twenty, when sara jon johnny and i were inseperable, and these were the cd rotations constantly in our players and on our road trips. i miss those days.
i never listen to these cds anymore. maybe its because i realized they aren't really that great, or its because listening comes with a certain pain of knowing that certain things change and certain friendships can never remain the same.
"there was never any place for someone like me to be totally happy......"
i don't know why this feels like such an emotional post.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger noah! said...

i listened to ghoti hook a while ago. weird.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Friends is a drug and I'm addicted! I forgot that they are hour long episodes and so I watch them as if they are only 1/2 hour. I'm wasting away my life this way-wait...watching Friends is NOT a waste! Thanks again-I'm on disc 4!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Matt Pool said...

the old music is the best music. before things had requirements and expectations, and clothing styles attached to genres.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home