Freitag, September 2

age does not = maturity.

my cousin sarah is getting married this weekend in reno. so, i will be spending all of labor day weekend with my mom's (crazy) side of the family.
dan's coming. i don't think he realizes he'll be meeting so much family this weekend.
but i am way excited to hang out with my grandparents because they are two of the coolest people i know. my grandfather is an architect and a contemporary of Frank Llyod Wright's. His style is amazing, and touring through the different houses he designed and created in the greater bay area is definitely an experience. He was also a jazz pianist and an extremely talented and successful one at that. the best part is, he never took a music lesson a day in his life, and doesn't have the first idea of how to read a score. He is (i should know this for certain) 77. and then there is my grandmother, who so perfectly compliments him and is hilarious and witty. she is 57.
only in my family (where large age differences are so common.....) is this not unusual. i never think about the fact that my mom's step-mother is only 5 years older than her. then again, my mom is ten years older than my step-dad.
needless to say, my 24 year old cousin is marrying a 32 year old man and now has a 9 year old step-son. and together they are the perfect family.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger noah! said...

i tried calling you but your phone just gives a busy signal. whats the deal.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home