Freitag, September 9

new store.

so about two weeks ago my district manager came to me and said "i'm moving you to a new store as of monday." which was very scary because that meant there was a lot to do in only a few days to prepare the store for change over to the new manager. normally, they give you like a month notice.

i like my new store. i am really having a great time and as much as i love my old store, it has been a long time since i went to work stress free and excited. i think i am finally at a point where i can just "be." i forced myself to take a break from planning and thinking about the future and future schooling and job movement and all the things you kind of worry about and think about in your twenties. and it has been very therapeutic. and i work with amie again which i love.

when amie and i left redding two years ago we were both working at starbucks in redding together and feeling dissatisfied. Now, we are back in the exact same place, and we are both happy. its strange.... maybe because we're different people now or because we have a better grasp on where we'd like to be and what we'd like to do, and maybe i am only speaking for myself, but it is strange how you never expect to return to what you purposfully left, and you never expect to be happier once you get back.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Allison said...

I'm so glad that I keep running into you at your Starbucks! And everytime it's crazy busy in there. I need to go in one time when you can get on your break and we can chat. I'm SOOO glad to hear that life is going well for you. It makes me happy that you are happy! Have a great day and I'll see you at Sues. We still do women's coffee, only now no one shows up at exactly 9 and boys come too! he he!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger noah! said...

hot damn! redding just brings you full circle i guess.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home