Freitag, Dezember 3

you sang a sad song but nobody cried.

i want to drift apart from this moment, and wake up far away. at kerry park, in sweaters and scarves, clutching a latte from ladro in my hand while i watch the simultaneous movement of the buzz amidst seattle's skyline and the grace of ships floating through and out elliot bay. at turtle bay, with my little brother theo in the butterfly exhibit while he chases them in wonderment and laughter as i soak up the presence of child innocence. on an island, all alone where i am left with nothing but myself and my guitar and my complete dependence on God alone without the desire of trying to do it all on my own. with my horse on a hunterjumper course, back in my competition days. on my snowboard, before my car accident. emerging from the tiring darkness of the subways in new york city to walk the streets of harlem, with the occasional shuttle of falling leaves in their firey reds and lemon yellows. carpinteria, spring break 2001, making sand castles in the middle of thunderstorms, because he would never let anything ruin my vacation. dancing in the street at 4am because how could such a beautiful song be wasted on only our ears and not our bodies? diestlehorst bridge, because i haven't returned since august 8th, 2003. stuck in those moments where life is so full and beautifully readied with endless possibilities, and work is dissolved back into the non priority you treat it as; "something only to pass the time." i want to drift apart from this moment and wake up far away.