Sonntag, November 21

observations on friends.

it is 11:03 pm. arriving back from in-n-out with joey peter and david. so tired.

the decision to move back to redding came so fast, i wasn't prepared for it. the decision was made and manifested 2 weeks later, and driving like a trucker with my fatty moving van hauling my car while all i wanted dissapeared into vast and abstract scenery behind me. feeling like thomas wolf, you can never go home, i thought i was moving back to a land of strangers. this redding now will never be the redding i knew, and the people who exist here are not the same people they were then. what i am discovering is how recklessly i began to forget what amazing people are here, and the consequences of this move have been the biggest of blessings and most delightful of surprises. for those who don't know and those that i have fallen out of touch with in the last six months, so much began to happen with my family, that the emotional and financial strain of trying so hard to visit whenever work and pocketbook would allow was quickly overwhelming. so i find myself again in northern california, because nothing is a sacrifice when i am doing it for my family, they are my number one ministry, they are my everything. and after leaving seattle, it truly felt like a part of me fell dormant there, like i lost an important part of myself, and was lame as this may sound, being back here has woken me up all over again.
i forgot how many incredible people there are in redding.
conclusion, i am so thankful i am here.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger tim said...

nina, long time no talkie. i hope al is well. redding eh? i'd like to hear the hows and whys.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Matt Pool said...

i get the redding blues all the time, i love that place. moving on, remember when you ralphed on my car right after i ralphed on my car right after brandon ate your rose. that was a damn good time. i get the johnny's blue too.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home